Generously funded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, the Chater Masonic Scholarship Fund, Sam Gellman and Suzanne Siu, 3 scholarship schemes were set up respectively to offer up to full scholarship to students with financial needs, allowing them to join AFS Year Exchange Program – A life-changing experience.
- Applicant should first apply and be selected for AFS Year Exchange Program
- Applicant should be a Hong Kong student aged 15-18.5
- Applicant should be physically and mentally healthy
- Applicant should be academically sound
- Applicant should be genuinely interested in intercultural learning
- Applicant should be a recipient of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) or School Textbook Assistance (TA) or Working Family Allowance (WFA)
Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Thailand, Turkey, United States, Uruguay
Please click here to learn about the application procedure, prepare all necessary documents first and apply on or after July 2021. Eligible applicants will be invited to join an AFS Selection Day in February.
The eligibility and application method for all 3 scholarship schemes are the same. Interested students only need to apply once.
Please click the following links to learn more about the 3 financial assistance scholarship schemes: