Host an exchange student for 10 months, introduce a foreign member to your family, learn about foreign cultures even when staying at home, enhance ability to get along with others and foreign language proficiency.
Program application opens year-round
- Exchange students are 15-17 years old
- Usually arrive at the end of August and depart at the end of June next year
- From different European, American and Asian countries
- If you are not able to commit for one year, short-term hosting opportunities are also available.
Host family only need to
- Provide daily meals
- Provide a bed
- Have unconditional love and acceptance of cultural difference
- Non-profit organization with education as objective
- International organization with 60 offices around the world
- Focus on operating exchange programs since 1914
- AFS Hong Kong hosted nearly 900 exchange students
- 130+ secondary schools in Hong Kong joined the program
- Only organization that offers full-year hosting program in Hong Kong