Become fluent in a foreign language, sociable, able to get along with different people and express yourself
How an Exchange Year Changes You?
Adapt to the Future World
Become adaptive to new environment, able to learn new skills quickly and solve problems independently
Find Your Goal
Become proactive in seeking opportunities, able to find your interest, strength and future path
Watch the Sharing from Different Sectors!
Read the Sharing of AFS Returnees!
Germany Returnee Matthew Wong
Graduated from Queen’s College, Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong, Cornell University
The entry interview to Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong was my first interview in life, but interestingly I did not feel shy or nervous. It is because I just came from Germany at that time and were very used to talking to strangers or sharing personal stories and thoughts!
Italy Returnee Chang Ching
Graduated from QualiEd College, now studying at Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong
I tried many new things in Italy, during which I understood my strength and weaknesses, also developed my social and communication skills!
Japan Returnee Linus Wong
Graduated from Christian Alliance Cheng Wing Gee College, now studying at The University of Hong Kong
During the exchange year I learned how to explore different possibilities proactively. This influenced the way I explored my future path after coming back to Hong Kong!
USA Returnee Vince Yiu
Graduated from St. Bonaventure College and High School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
My academic result before departure once decreased my confidence, but after seeing the world in the year aboard, the failure became less important for me. Seeing different buildings in the US and participating in the handicraft lesson at local school also aroused my interest in architecture!
Based on the Survey Done by 10,500 AFS Returnees^
80.4% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them improve their problem-solving skills (viewing problems from multiple perspectives, thinking creatively, synthesizing different ideas, etc.)
89.7% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them better communicate and collaborate with people from different cultures and backgrounds
81.7% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them become fluent in another language
83.8% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them develop the ability to adapt in a diverse workplace environment
^AFS International started a global alumni survey at the end of 2018 with 10,500 respondents, including year and short program returnees
- Registered non-profit organization supported by voluntary host families
- AFS was set up in 1914, now has a consultative status partnership with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- 60 network organizations and over 10,000 participants yearly across the globe
- AFS Hong Kong office sent over 3900 participants since 1982
- Full scholarships available for students from different backgrounds
Join a Free Info Seminar
A great opportunity to know more about our exchange programs!
(As all previously shared seminars in October- December have already full, we have just added new ones in these 3 months, register now!)
30 October 2019 (Wed) 19:00 – 20:00(FULL) 7 November 2019 (Thu) 19:00 – 20:00(FULL) 16 November 2019 (Sat) 11:00 – 12:00(FULL) 23 November 2019 (Sat) 15:30 – 16:30(FULL) 26 November 2019 (Tue) 19:00 – 20:00(FULL)
- 9 December 2019 (Mon) 19:30 – 20:30 *Kwai Tsing
- 10 December 2019 (Tue) 19:00 – 20:00
- 11 December 2019 (Wed) 19:00 – 20:00 *Sham Shui Po
- 12 December 2019 (Thu) 19:00 – 20:00 *Tuen Mun
- 12 December 2019 (Thu) 19:00 – 20:00 *Yau Tsim Mong
- 14 December 2019 (Sat) 9:30 – 10:30
- 17 December 2019 (Tue) 19:00 – 20:00 *Kowloon City
- 18 December 2019 (Wed) 14:00 – 15:00
- 18 December 2019 (Wed) 19:00 – 20:00 *Kwun Tong
- 21 December 2019 (Sat) 10:00 – 11:00 *Sha Tin
- 30 December 2019 (Mon) 14:00 – 15:00
- 4 January 2020 (Sat) 11:00 – 12:00
- 16 January 2020 (Thu) 19:00 – 20:00
- 10 February 2020 (Mon) 19:00 – 20:00 *Tai Po
- 11 February 2020 (Tue) 19:00 – 20:00 *North
Apart from the seminars that are marked by a star*, the others will be held at AFS Wan Chai office
Download 2020-21 Program BrochureDownload Now
Submit completed application form now with the following documents to AFS Intercultural Exchanges Ltd:
- Academic reports of the past 3 years
- Non-refundable application fee of HK$200