AFS Intercultural Exchanges is the Hong Kong office of an international non-profit organization founded in 1914 and operating in nearly 60 countries to provide intercultural learning opportunities. Every year AFS Hong Kong hosts and sends over 100 participants on its homestay exchange for secondary school students. Although staff-run, AFS relies on a global network of tens of thousands of alumni, families and other volunteers to deliver the AFS experience, which has transformed the lives of over 500,000 participants.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Marketing and School Project and/or the Executive Director, the Marketing Assistant will:
- Assist with marketing campaigns that create awareness of AFS programs and brand;
- Assist in organizing events, producing publication and other promotional materials;
- Update websites, database regularly and support related upgrade projects;
- Draft social media posts, eDMs and other communications in both English and Chinese;
- Provide administrative support to marketing and school projects;
- Attend AFS events which can be during evenings and weekends;
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Assistant Manager and/or the Executive Director.
- Degree holder, preferably in marketing, communication, social science or relevant discipline;
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience would be an advantage, but fresh graduates will also be considered;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Proficiency in MS office, Chinese word processing and other basic PC skills;
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop and WordPress would be a plus;
- Interest and passion for intercultural education and youth development;
- Self-motivated, well-organized and responsible.
Salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications should include full curriculum vitae, a cover letter, the expected salary, and date of availability. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview and sit for a written test. Please send your application to [email protected].