You are going to depart during June – August 2021, immerse yourself in a foreign language environment for short term, live with a local host family or school dormitory and study a topic at a local secondary school. Suitable for students aged 13-18 years old.
Transform yourself in a summer!
- Non-profit organization supported by voluntary host families
- AFS was set up in 1914, now has a consultative status partnership with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Over 12,000 participants every year and over 500,000 alumni across the globe
- 60 network organizations and numerous exchange destination choices
- AFS Hong Kong office sent over 4,000 participants since 1982
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- in good health (A health certificate will be needed at the later stage of application)
- be between 13 and 18 years of age on departure*
*Exact age requirements vary from country to country. 2021 program details will be updated on or before December 2020.
HK$25,000 – 45,000
What’s Included in Your Experience:
- Airport Pick-up (Provided by hosting country)
- Housing & Meals
- Medical Insurance
- School Fee & Materials
- Orientation Activities and Local Support
All summer program fees are not inclusive of air ticket fare.
Join a Free Seminar
We are not currently hosting any seminars about our summer exchange program. If you are interested in 2021 program, please fill in the following simple form and we will contact you when there are updates:
(2021 Program Details will be available in December)
4 Steps to Become an Exchange Student
Submit (1) Application form, (2) Academic reports of the past 3 years, (3) Non-refundable application fee of HK$300
Join a selection day and let us know whether you are suitable for the program. Selected students may proceed to Stage 3
Join an information night and follow the instruction to finish the online application, which involves a home visit arranged by our volunteers
Prepare to Depart
After confirming by the host country, you could apply for the visa, then join the Pre-Departure Orientation Camp